One of the newest reselling apps on the scene is Depop! If you’ve ever been on the app, you will see lots of cool streetwear, sportswear, and one of a kind vintage pieces. Never shopped on Depop? Here are somethings you should know before buying!
- Return Policy – Most Depop sellers have a no-returns policy. Make sure to check the return policy of the seller before you buy.
- Pay close attention to the pictures and description! Every item sold on Depop is different, so it will have different flaws and wear. Review the photos closely to avoid buyers remorse!
- Have questions? Ask the seller! Private message the seller your questions. If they don’t get back within a few days, move on and find something else to purchase.
- Sticker shock? If you don’t like a sellers price, you can always make an offer! Usually 20-30% is a good range to offer the seller and have a good chance of snagging that great item! An offer of 40% or lower has less chance of sealing the deal.
- Undisclosed flaws or not as described? Items sold on Depop should be fairly described and represented by the seller. If you don’t think the item was described fairly, or if you received the wrong item, contact the seller. They should be able to answer your questions, arrange for you to ship the item back, or provide the refund. If the seller refuses to resolve the issue, you can file a dispute directly with Paypal.
- Don’t like the item you bought but can’t return it? Resell it! Some sellers will even let you use their original photographs, but always ask before you use someone else’s work.
Stay tuned for more resale selling shopping tips! Happy Shopping!
Rosie Zbaracki, Co-Owner Visibly Sold
Check out more tips on our Instagram!